Warning: include(headfoot/logo_only_nav_bar.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/8/d168668485/htdocs/PM/privacy.php on line 39
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'headfoot/logo_only_nav_bar.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:../:./include:../include:/homepages/8/d168668485/htdocs') in /homepages/8/d168668485/htdocs/PM/privacy.php on line 39
<< Back to previous page
- This is a legal document which sets out how Parenting Matters handles data which identifies you.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact Parenting Matters' customer service department by using the contact form available on the Web Site. Users acknowledge that all support is provided by email only, and not by other methods, such as phone, fax or letter.
- The information we gather
- Information gathered on registration.. When you register for the Parenting Matters Service, you provide your name and email address ("Registration Information"). They are available to you, and capable of being changed, when you are logged in to the Parenting Matters Service.
- Cookies. These are small data files which are sent to your browser from a web site's computers and are stored on your computer's hard drive. We reserve the right to use "cookies" to enhance users' experience of the Parenting Matters Service as follows:
- To hold Users' login information, so that your information is displayed when you visit the Parenting Matters Service.
- To facilitate optimal use of the Parenting Matters Service by Users, by means of a temporary "session" cookie. These cookies disappear when the User's browser session ends, or if the User clicks the "logoff" text which appears on the Parenting Matters Service.
- Third party cookies may be used in the future on some parts of the site. They are used for tracking the success of advertising campaigns. These cookies are normally permanent. The may be blocked by individuals' Web Browser. Blocking of third party cookies by users will not affect the functionality of the website.
- Sharing and use of information
- The over-riding principles we apply are these:
- We will not supply your personal data to third parties for commercial exploitation - thus, you can rest assured that we will not sell the lists of our Users' email addresses to a third party; and
- Email through the Parenting Matters Service. A userís email address is used as their login name for the Parenting Matters service so cannot be changed by the user. Userís needing to change their email address or delete their account should contact Parenting Matters by using the contact form on the Web Site. If a User requests that their account be deleted all personal data will be permanently deleted from our data servers although non personally identifiable data, such as Parenting Style test scores, will be retained anonymously for statistical purposes only.
- Advertising. The Parenting Matters Service may include interactive advertising for other businesses. We may use, and provide to third parties, anonymised demographic data provided by Users to target this advertising more appropriately.
- Newsletters. We have regular and occasional emails, which Users can decide to subscribe to or not, according to their preferences. All emails that are not specifically part of the functionality of our Service (and thus will always be sent) contain an option to unsubscribe. If you choose to exercise this then you will not receive any further Newsletters or similar emails.
- Changes in Parenting Matters' business. If all of the assets which Parenting Matters uses to operate its business (or substantially all of them) are acquired by a third party, we may transfer personal data we then hold to that party so that they may maintain the informatoin necessary to continue to provide the Parenting Matters Service.
- Place of processing. The personal information held by us is held on and processed by computers situated in the European Economic Area. However, the content of this web-site (including material contributed by Users) will be accessible outside the European Economic Area via the Internet.
- We have security measures in place to protect our User database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each User's responsibility:
- to protect against unauthorised access to Your Details;
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the Parenting Matters Service through the machine that User uses while they are "logged on" to the Parenting Matters Service;
- to log off or exit from the Parenting Matters Service when not using it; and
- to keep his/her password secret.
- Disclosure for legal reasons
- We reserve the right to communicate such of a User's personal information as we hold to third parties which seek the disclosure of it, and which make a legally-compliant request for its disclosure. We also reserve the right to communicate a User's personal information to the relevant authorities if we or another User believes that a User is involved in illegal activities or commits any breach of this Agreement which would justify such disclosure.
- Data Retention Period.
- Contacting Parenting Matters
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with Parenting Matters, you can contact us here. You can also use this address if you wish to request from Parenting Matters a copy of the personal data we hold about you or a description of that data. Please note that by English law we are entitled to charge you a small sum for providing this information
- Links to third party sites
- Our site contains links to other sites. Parenting Matters is not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content, of those web sites. Users acknowledge that they deal with such third parties and disclose personal information to such third parties entirely at their own risk.
- Data Protection Information
- You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's website at www.dataprotection.gov.uk. You can search for our Data Protection Notification there, should you so wish.
<< Back to previous page